About IOSH Managing Safely Course
Accredited by the globally respected Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), this 3 day program is tailored for managers, supervisors & other competent professional worldwide that helps gain a comprehensive understanding of health and safety principles, legal compliance, and risk management.
The flexible new high impact programme covers all the main health and safety issues.
This course is aimed to elevate team’s professional growth and meet employer responsibilities with IOSH Managing Safely®️ accreditation. This sought-after certification not only supports employees’ ongoing professional development but also fulfills their duty to provide effective training & keeping proactive approach to workplace safety.
Managing Safely Course Overview
1. Introducing Managing Safely
- Overview of health and safety responsibilities
- Importance of a proactive approach to safety
2. Assessing risks
- Principles of risk assessment.
- Practical application of risk assessment in the workplace
3. Controlling risks
- Strategies for controlling and mitigating workplace risks.
- Implementation of effective risk control measures.
4. Understanding your responsibilities
- Understanding relevant health and safety laws and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
5. Identifying hazards
- Recognition and identification of workplace hazards.
- Methods for assessing and addressing potential risks.
6. Investigating accidents and incidents
- Techniques for investigating accidents and incidents.
- Root cause analysis and preventive measures.
7. Measuring performance
- Evaluation of participants through assessments, quizzes, and a final examination.
- Practical assessment of skills gained during the course.
On completion of the course, learners will be equipped to:
- Understand their responsibilities for safety in the workplace.
- Recognise common workplace hazards and implement appropriate control measures.
- Learn to estimate, evaluate, and effectively reduce risks by employing a structured hierarchy of risk control measures
The IOSH Managing Safely exam is composed by two parts:
- A 30 multiple-choice written assessment (true or false or one-word open questions), which lasts 45 minutes.
- A Risk Assessment project, which must be completed within 14 days from the end of the course.
To achieve the qualification, participants must successfully pass both sections of the course
Learning options3 learning types available
- A focused, tutor-led course away from the workplace
- Lunch and refreshments included
- Study with fellow professionals
- Exams included
- Structured learning with access to E-learning materials
- Interact live with your tutor and other students
- Exams included
Contact us for a quote
- Study alongside colleagues and learn together
- Choose from classroom or virtual learning from home
- Tailored course content to your workplace
IOSH Working Safely️️
Working Safely is a completely different approach to safety and health training. It’s a high-impact programme designed to be fun and get people fully involved. The first-class, jargon-free content is based on what people need to know in practice, and not off-putting legal language.
Get More Information
Frequently Asked Question
Bravanark Network is committed to guarantee safety to staff members, students and others. This includes taking reasonable steps to protect them from coronavirus (COVID-19).
Before the course, we verify individuals who are required to self-isolate do not attend the training. We usually take large rooms to allow the students maintain social distancing. Moreover, we fully support good hand hygiene, face coverings and other preventive measures as per guidance from the government in order to effectively reduce risks and create an inherently safer environment.
Working safely is a course designed for employees of any sector which provides the basic Health and Safety knowledge.
Managing Safely provides knowledge of the health and safety responsibilities and it’s designed for management people, such as Managers or Supervisors.
While Managing Safely course is a full course, Managing Safely Refresher is just un update of the first one which should be taken every three years.
To get access to Managing Safely Refresher, you must first have passed the Managing Safely course.
We decide the location of the course approximately 2 weeks before the course’s date. This because it depends from the number of candidates and from which part of England they are from
To attend an IOSH course and successfully pass the exam at the end, you will just the course’s book. This will be handled to you on the first day of the course and it is included in the price.
The teacher will tell you the date to expect your results on the day of your exam.
Once the risk assessment has been checked by the trainer, it will be verified by IOSH team. Therefore, the issue of the certificate might take up to 10 weeks from the date of completion of the practical risk assessment.
The certificate does not expire, but ideally you should take a refresher course every three years.
Every IOSH course provided by Bravanark, includes: